The Nutrition Plot
Many food plot seed companies make wild claims about their seeds growing BIG BUCKS! Unfortunately, no such MAGIC SEED exists! Good nutrition is only one of many factors involved in producing trophy animals.
Nutritional plots are also being marketed as top choice fall attractions plots. However, we do not sell brassicas, blends or the other similar seeds because they are inferior or offer zero fall (hunting season) attraction.
Over the last few years, the Buck Forage Staff, along with Dr. James C. Kroll, a.k.a. Dr Deer, has been side-by-side testing brassica and all similar crops with Buck Forage Chicory, The Nutrition Plot. Dr Kroll has found them to be inferior in nutrition and preference in the rigorous tests that he and his staff have performed.
We now proudly recommend a combination planting of Buck Forage Oats, the Harvest Plot, with Buck Forage Chicory, The Nutrition Plot, for the serious hunter who demands the very best in FALL ATTRACTION, yet also desires year-round, high protein NUTRITION in a single plot.
This truly is AS GOOD AS IT GETS!
1) Seeding Rate: Broadcast approximately 4 lb./acre.
2) Plant in a well prepared and well drained seed bed.
3) Cover seed 1/8" to 1/4" deep.
4) Fertilize and lime according to your local extension service recommendations
5) When fall planting with BUCK FORAGE OATS follow planting dates for fall seeded crops. Refer to instructions for BUCK FORAGE OATS.
6) Spring plant following planting dates for normal spring seeded crops in your area.
Note: When planting BUCK FORAGE OATS and BUCK FORAGE CHICORY in combination follow normal planting procedures for each seed starting with oats first.